Junior Trainer for a Day Contest Rules 2019-2020
The Junior Trainer for a Day contest (the “contest”) is intended to be conducted in Manitoba and Saskatchewan by Red River Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates in collaboration with True North Sports + Entertainment Ltd. Entry in this contest constitutes acceptance of these contest rules (the “contest rules”).
- Contest period. The Contest begins on Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 9:00 a.m. CST and ends on Friday, March, 27, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CST (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility. Contest is open to all legal residents of Manitoba and Saskatchewan who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry, and who are the parent/legal guardian (or a family member acting with consent from the parents/legal guardian(s) (i.e. grandparents, aunts, uncles, siblings, cousins, etc.)) (each an “Entrant”) of a child between the ages of six (6) and twelve (12) years old at the time of entry (each a “Participant”), who shall if chosen, be eligible to receive a Prize (as defined herein), subject to the terms and conditions set out herein. The following individuals are not eligible to enter: (a) employees, officers, directors, agents, and representatives of: (i) True North Sports + Entertainment Limited (Winnipeg Jets Hockey Club Limited Partnership) and Red River Valley Mutual Insurance Company (collectively, the “Sponsor”), (ii) the applicable prize supplier(s) for the Contest, and (iii) any and all other companies associated with the Contest (BSI Insurance Brokers, La Salle Insurance, MIG Insurance, and ONE Insurance); (b) a member of the immediate family (spouse, parent, child, sibling, regardless of where they live) or household (whether related or not) of any of the foregoing individuals (collectively, the “Contest Parties”). Additional eligibility criteria may be stated from time to time in connection with the Contest.
- How to enter. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. Entry into the Contest is subject to these Contest Rules, including without limitation the conditions of entry set forth below. To enter the Contest, an Entrant must go online to www.oneinsurance.ca/jetsjuniortrainer; www.lasalleinsurance.com/junior-trainer/ ; www.bsimb.com/junior-trainer ; www.miginsurance.ca/junior-trainer/ (the “Contest Websites”) and follow all instructions on the Contests Website to enter (including providing his/her full name, address, postal code, phone number, email address, and the Participant’s name & age before the Contest closing date. By successfully transmitting a completed entry during the Contest Period as directed, you will be entered in the Contest. The sole determinant of time for valid online entry in the Contest will be the Website server machine(s). There is a limit of one (1) entry on behalf of each Participant in the Contest (for clarity and by way of example, an Entrant with two (2) eligible Participants would be permitted to enter twice, once on behalf of each eligible Participant; however, two (2) separate Entrants cannot enter multiple times on behalf of one (1) Participant). Should multiple entries occur on behalf of a Participant, only the first entry will be valid and any subsequent additional entries will not be accepted. Limit of one (1) Prize per Participant. An entry may be disqualified (subject to the discretion of the Contest sponsor) if the information provided is incomplete or inaccurate, or fails to comply with or attempts to circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Contests Rules, all as determined by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion.All entries are subject to verification at any time. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) of an Entrant and/or Participant. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of the Contest Sponsor within the timeline specified by the Contest Sponsor may result in disqualification, subject to the discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid entry in the Contest will be the Contest Sponsor’s server machine(s).
- Prizes. There are forty (40) Prizes available to be won (each, a “Prize”), each with an approximate retail value of two hundred and fifty Canadian Dollars ($250 CDN). Each Prize consists of the following:
- Opportunity for the Participant to sit on the Winnipeg Jets bench during the pre-game warm up, dump a bucket of pucks onto the ice and appear on the Bell MTS Place Jumbotron during the warm up.
- Two (2) tickets to a Prize game at Bell MTS Place, which will be a Winnipeg Jets home game (seat selection is at the Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion).
- One (1) Winnipeg Jets replica jersey for the Participant.
- Schedule of Prize games.
Date Time Thursday, October 10th 7:00 Sunday, October 13th 6:00 Tuesday, October 15th 7:00 Thursday, October 17th 7:00 Sunday, October 20th 6:00 Tuesday, October 22nd 7:00 Tuesday, November 5th 7:00 Friday, November 8th 7:00 Sunday, November 10th 1:00 Tuesday, November 12th 7:00 Saturday, November 23rd 6:00 Tuesday, December 3rd 7:00 Sunday, December 8th 2:00 Tuesday, December 10th 7:00 Sunday, December 15th 4:00 Tuesday, December 17th 7:00 Thursday, December 19th 7:00 Monday, December 23rd 7:00 Friday, December 27th 7:00 Thursday, January 2nd 7:00 Sunday, January 12th 1:00 Tuesday, January 14th 7:00 Friday, January 17th 7:00 Friday, January 31st 7:00 Saturday, February 1st 6:00 Tuesday, February 4th 7:00 Saturday, February 8th 1:00 Sunday, February 9th 6:00 Tuesday, February 11th 7:00 Friday, February 14th 6:00 Sunday, February 16th 7:30 Tuesday, February 18th 7:00 Thursday, February 27th 7:00 Tuesday, March 3rd 7:00 Friday, March 6th 7:00 Monday, March 9th 7:00 Tuesday, March 17th 7:00 Friday, March 20th 7:00 Friday, March 27th 7:00 Sunday, March 29th 2:00
Except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, no Prize substitutions, transfers, or cash in lieu of any Prize, will be allowed and Potential Prize Winners (as defined herein) are solely responsible for their own transportation and any other expenses associated with claiming a Prize, including food and beverage expenses. The Prize Winner (as defined herein) must accompany the Participant to the Prize game (with the consent of the Participant’s parent/legal guardian, if different) or the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and no compensation will be provided in lieu thereof. By accepting a Prize, each Prize Winner, and each parent/legal guardian of a Participant, agrees to waive all recourse against the Contest Parties, any other parties named in the Release (defined below) and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns (collectively the “Releasees”) if the Prize or a component thereof does not prove satisfactory, either in whole or in part, including, without limitation, if a Prize game is delayed, postponed, or cancelled for any reason. The particular date on which the Prize of any particular Prize Winner will be fulfilled (e.g. the date of the Prize game to be attended) will be selected by the Contest Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. The Prize Winner and the Participant must be able to attend on the chosen date, or the Prize may be forfeited, in the absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor. All tickets to Prize games are subject to the terms and conditions of the ticket issuer. The number of Prizes available to be won will decrease throughout the Contest Period.
- Contest Draw Date. There will be a total of fourteen (14) random draws, each from amongst all eligible entries received by 11:59:59 PM CST on the day prior to the applicable draw date (as provided in the table below; each, a “Cut Off Time”). Each random draw will be conducted at 10:00 AM CST on the applicable draw date (as set out in the table below). Each Entrant chosen in the random draw will be a potential Prize winner (a “Potential Prize Winner”) and, subject to certain conditions set out herein at Paragraph 7, may become a Prize winner (a “Prize Winner”). The number of Potential Prize Winners selected in each random draw is specified in the table below. Unselected entries will be eligible for subsequent draw(s), as applicable. All draws will take place in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Draw Date Number of Potential Prize Winners October 3, 2019 3 October 14, 2019 3 October 29, 2019 4 November 18, 2019 1 November 26, 2019 3 December 9, 2019 3 December 16, 2019 3 January 6, 2020 3 January 27, 2020 3 February 3, 2020 3 February 10, 2020 3 February 24, 2020 4 March 12, 2020 2 March 23, 2020 2
- Odds of Winning a Prize. The odds of winning a Prize depend upon the total number of eligible entries received prior to the Cut Off Time associated with the applicable draw.
- In Order to Win. In order to be declared a Prize Winner each Potential Prize Winner must:
- Correctly answer, unaided, a mathematical skill-testing question, which will, at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor, either be (i) asked by telephone or email at a time mutually convenient to the Potential Prize Winner and the Contest Sponsor or its agent; or (ii) set forth on the Release (as defined below); and
- Sign and return the Contest Sponsor’s form of release (the “Release”) (or have the parent/legal guardian of the Participant, if different, sign and return the Release) confirming acceptance of the Prize as awarded, releasing the Releasees from any and all liability that may arise in relation to the entrant’s and/or Participant’s participation in the Contest and the acceptance and use of the Prize awarded, and agreeing to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of his/her, and the Participant’s, name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Parties in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.
- Notifying Selected Entrants. Each Potential Prize Winner will be contacted by telephone or email within two (2) business days after the applicable draw date. A minimum of three (3) contact attempts will be made by the Contest Sponsor. A Potential Prize Winner will be disqualified if: (a) she/he cannot be contacted, or fails to respond to any contact attempt within three (3) days of the initial contact attempt; (b) she/he fails to return he required Release(s) within the designated time; (c) the Contest Sponsor determines that an Entrant or the Participant is ineligible according to the Official Contest Rules; (d) that an Entrant does not comply with the Official Contest Rules (for example, if he/she incorrectly answers the skill-testing question); or € if her/his Prize notification is returned to the Contest Sponsor as being undeliverable. In any such event, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, in its sole and absolute discretion, to randomly select an alternate eligible Entrant from among the remaining eligible entries received prior to the applicable Cut Off Time (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new Potential Prize Winner).The Contest Sponsor’s determination in relation to the foregoing will be final. Arrangements for receiving a Prize will be made directly with each Prize Winner. No Prize substitutions, transfers, or cash in lieu of the Prizes will be allowed, except at the sole and absolute discretion of the Contest Sponsor, who reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and for any reason, to substitute for any Prize (or portion thereof) a substitute prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value as stated in these Official Contest Rules, including without limitation, a cash award.
- Correspondence and Communication. All correspondence and communication with contestant in connection with the Contest will be at the Contest Sponsor’s discretion by mail, email or telephone, except as otherwise noted. By entering or attempting to enter the Contest, all contestants agree to abide by these Official Contest Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor are final and without right of appeal with respect to all aspects of the Contest, including but not limited to eligibility and/or disqualification of contestants, Entrants and/or Participants, the correctness of answers to the skill-testing question and the awarding of any Prize. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and is void where prohibited.
- Releases. By claiming or accepting a Prize in the Contest, each Entrant (and the parents/legal guardians of the selected Participant, if different) consents to the use of his/her and the Participant’s name, voice, picture (both moving and still) or likeness, without compensation, for promotional and/or publicity purposes as determined by the Contest Sponsor and True North Sports + Entertainment Limited. Each Prize Winner (and each parent/legal guardian of the selected Participant, if different) agrees to release the Releasees from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or loss to persons and/or property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, entry for or use of the Prize.
- No Liability. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to change the terms of the Contest, suspend or cancel it, at any time, without liability on the part of the Releasees, and without prior notice. The Contest Sponsor shall not be liable for late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, interrupted or otherwise invalid entries. If in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor the administration or integrity of the Contest is compromised or corrupted at any time (including, without limitation, as a result of fraud, technical failures (including any network server or hardware failure, viruses, bugs, errors in programming, telephone transmissions or communications) or any other errors or other causes beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor), the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or cancel the Contest. If due to any production, advertising or other error of any kind, or as the result of any fraud or any other factor or circumstance affecting the intended operation of the Contest, there are more prize claims than Prizes stated in the Official Contest Rules, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to suspend awarding of a Prize and to conduct a random drawing from among all eligible claimants to award only the number of prizes stated in the Official Contest Rules. In no event, however, will the Contest Sponsor be required to award more than the amount of prizes stated in the Official Contest Rules. The Contest Sponsor will not be liable for: (i) any failure of the Contest Website during the Contest; (ii) any technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; (iii) the failure of any entry to be received for any reason, including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; (iv) any injury or damage to an Entrant’s or any other person’s computer or other device related to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and/or (v) any combination of the above.In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. An “authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. An Entrant may be required to provide proof (in a form acceptable to the Contest Sponsor – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification) that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry in question.The Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, and without prior notice, to adjust any of the dates and/or timeframes stipulated in the Official Contest Rules, to the extent necessary, for purposes of verifying compliance by an Entrant, Participant or entry with the Official Contest Rules, or as a result of any technical or other problems, or in light of any other circumstances which, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, affect the proper administration of the Contest as contemplated in the Official Contest Rules or for any other reason.
- References to Other Trade Names. The Contest Website may contain references to other companies, brands and/or product names. The companies, brands and/or product names are used for identification purposes only and may be trade-marks of their respective owners. The images of people or places displayed, forms, structures and graphics displayed or found within the Contest Website are either the property of, or used with permission by the Contest Sponsor. The Contest Sponsor may be, but is not necessarily, sponsored by or affiliated with any owners of the other companies, brands or product names appearing on the Contest Website, and makes no representations about them, their owners, their products or services.