The Red River Mutual Trail is Open for the Season
Big news, winter-lovers — the first section of the Red River Mutual Trail opens today!
We’re excited to once again be the proud sponsor of the Red River Mutual Trail, located at The Forks in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Red River Mutual Trail holds a Guinness World Record for being the longest naturally frozen skating trail in the world. The direction, timing and length of the Red River Mutual Trail changes every year; it is initially hand-shoveled and takes about three weeks to freeze before it can be used by skaters and trail walkers.
Highlights from Last Year’s Trail
- Longest Run in History – Open for 72 days and ran up to 10 KM in length
- Reached as far as the St. Vital Bridge on the Red River and Arlington Street on the Assiniboine River
- Over 900,000 people visited the Trail
- Debut of the rebuilt CN 6043 Warming Hut
- Featured a unique Art Installation by local artist, Kal Barteski
Featured Events for 2019:
- Grand Opening, December 28, 2018
- New Years Eve celebrations, December 31, 2018
- Manitoba New Music Festival, starting January 25, 2019
- Warming Huts Launch, January 25, 2019
- Community Day, sponsored by Red River Mutual, ONE Insurance, and BSI Insurance Brokers,
scheduled for January 27, 2019
- Ironman Outdoor Curling Bonspiel for Heart & Stroke, February 1-2, 2019
- November Project Great Skate, February 3, 2019
- Corkicurl Tournaspiel, Feburary 8-10, 2019
- Skate Date, sponsored by Red River Mutual, scheduled for February 14, 2019
- Actif Epica, February 16-17, 2019
Red River Mutual is proud to be the title sponsor of the Red River Mutual Trail and we encourage you to join us; grab your skates, snowshoes, and snow boots and experience a skating trail like no other!