2021 Spruce Up Your Story Winners
The goal of the Spruce Up Your Story campaign is to celebrate spaces that are at the heart of the communities we serve — spaces that encourage togetherness, sustainability, volunteerism, and that have a connection with our broker partners and community members. Over the past two years, this campaign has grown beyond our expectations and the support from communities big and small, our Red River Mutual staff, and our broker partners has been inspiring.
It has been amazing to see the support and excitement for this campaign grow. From over 240 submissions, we have chosen 10 winning spaces in communities across Manitoba and Saskatchewan.
The winning spaces are:
- Abbey Business and Community Center in Abbey, SK
- Assiniboia Fairgrounds Ball Diamonds in Assiniboia, SK
- Fort Qu’Appelle Library in Fort Qu’Appelle, SK
- Harvest Manitoba Greenspace in Winnipeg, MB
- Manitou Community Arena in Manitou, MB
- NorWest Co-op Community Centre in Winnipeg, MB
- Scallion Creek Trail in Virden, MB
- Selkirk Pocket Park/Legacy Park in Selkirk, MB
- Brieux Kin Club/New Horizons Centre Green Space in St. Brieux, SK
- Wyber Tullymet Community Hall in Balcarres, SK
Congratulations to the winners! We’re excited to get involved and help upgrade these spaces to once again reflect the vibrant communities they are a part of. And of course, a big Thank You to everyone who submitted a space and advocated to help brighten up their community!